Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

'Almost' Perfect Chocolate Waffles

We were driving home from a long day at the zoo and my mind started frantically trying to remember all the items in my freezer and pantry as we sat in Memorial Day weekend traffic.  I knew the frozen fruit smoothies and egg burritos we took to the park for lunch would soon wear off and I would have 7 hungry kidlets, probably just about the time we would pull into the driveway.   I was right.  I remembered my ace in my back pocket.......waffle mix.  The kids were starving and the only way I convinced them to put down the box of cereal and wait for me to make waffles was to add cocoa and promise whipped cream and chocolate syrup!  They were a fabulous and spontaneous creation, but were missing one ingredient...bananas on top would have made this recipe perfect!  Oh well, I guess I will just have to make them again!


Chocolate Waffles

4 cups baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2-3 cups water
1 cup of milk (your choice, I used Almond)
3 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil

Optional toppings: strawberries, chocolate syrup, bananas, nuts, choc chips, whipped cream, caramel, cherries, m & m's, peanut butter.....the list goes on and on!

Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, add liquid until batter is the right consistency. 
Pour into your waffle iron (this one is mine:) http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen/electrics/wafflemakers/PRD~275565/Bella+Rotating+Belgian+Waffle+Maker.jsp)
Cook until done (about 4 minutes) and then top with toppings. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment