Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

HOW TO MAKE: Tea Stained Paper



Tea Stained paper is a favorite activity in our house. I have a friend who runs a recycling paper company and he gives us rolls of plain white paper that printers usually just throw away (Call your local newspaper and ask when they give out their short rolls). We haven't bought craft paper in years. I like to give my kids a warm, wet- not hot- teabag to use like a paint brush. We tea stain the paper, let it dry and then I write words (usually Bible Verses) and decorate our house with it. It looks rustic and is a great educational tool too!

 
Another use for the "free" paper is to let your kids stamp, color, or draw on it with markers and use it as wrapping paper for birthday parties.  (I haven't bought birthday wrap in years either!)

Tea staining is so easy...and it's ADDICTING!  Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the idea of using this for gift wrap! You could use raffia or butchers twine for the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nifty & creative idea! I love using end rolls of paper, never thought to tea stain them. I would like to invite you to share your idea by linking to my blog bash K.I.S.S. Happy to be a new follower too :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your great project by linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S. @ The Tattered Tag. Please remember tomorrow is another fun blog bash, so drop by and link up more of your creativity! :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete