Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Garden Fresh Stuffed Peppers

 
We had a bumper crop of green, yellow and purple peppers this year.  I usually make my stuffed pepper stuffing and eat it like a casserole just like my mama taught me, but this year with so many peppers I decided to actually stuff them!  Here is what I did:

I started 2 cups of rice in my steamer while I browned the ground beef in a pot (about 2 lbs of beef).  Then I chopped up 2 onions, 2 tomatoes, and the tops to my peppers and added them to the beef.  When the rice was cooked I added it to the beef mixture with 2 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce and 1/4tsp. of chili powder.  I stuffed the peppers, placed them in a pan, covered them with foil and baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I pulled them out of the oven we sprinkled them with shredded cheese (leaving it off for those who can't have dairy).    I have leftover rice mixture and that is great on it's own.  You can cover them in pasta sauce while they bake, but I left it off so they wouldn't get mushy.  They were WONDERFUL!!!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment