Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Healthy Green Eggs : no artificial food dyes

My kids love when I make them green eggs and ham, but I am really diligently trying to remove food dyes from our diet. This morning I was scouring our pantry for options and my eyes fell on our large container of organic spinach. I put the eggs in the blender (1 per person) and then added 1-2 cups of fresh leaf spinach and blended. I cooked it in a skillet normally and sprinkled on a bit of cheddar cheese. If you are wondering about taste, it really didn't change the taste much at all. The color kind of weirded me out, but I just tried not to stare at it!!!! The kids thought it was like a monster smoothie and asked for 2nds and 3rds. In the end, The kids loved it and I felt great about serving it to them!



No comments:

Post a Comment