Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Quick oven baked blueberry pancakes


I had a humongous surgery this summer.  It's been two and a half months and I am slowly getting back to my normal routines.  Yesterday I took the kids to pick blueberries at a local farm.  One of my children has not stopped asking me to make him blueberry pancakes ever since.  He even leaned over during church today and asked if I would make them for lunch as soon as we got home. I was dreading the 45 minutes it usually takes to mix the batter and stand at the stove flipping pancake after pancake.  I decided to try something new, bake them in the oven.  It worked brilliantly!  

I know the box mix isn't usually my style, but for now it was a nice convenience.  I had them in the oven with less than a minute of prep and was able to sit and relax while my oven did all the work.  I'm sure it would work great with any pancake batter recipe.  I made the whole box and split it in between two large pizza pans.  We topped it with our freshly picked berries.  You could top it with nuts, bananas, strawberries, the possibilities are endless!  I baked it at 375 for 10-12 minutes.  I feel like I didn't even cook and my guy is very happy.  I guess sometimes you just need to think outside the box ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment