Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Ice Cream Cake


Every year I have at least one child asking for an ice cream cake.  I always agree, but find them too sweet and too expensive.  This year I convinced my now 10 yr old to let me tackle his birthday request.  Luckily I made two 'cakes', because we all keep going back for more!


Here is what we did: 

Crush 10-15 Oreo cookies and arrange on bottom of 9 x 13 pan. 

Spread 1 qt. of softened vanilla chocolate swirl ice cream over the crushed cookies and put in freezer for 20 minutes.

Mix 1 box instant banana pudding with 2 cups milk And 2 cups cool whip.  Put into fridge to set.

Layer pudding mixture on top of ice cream and crushed cookies.

Top with the rest of cool whip and freeze until firm, about 1-3 hrs.

Cut and serve very cold!!!



We all loved it!  One of the kids at the party cracked me up when he asked for a second piece and said, "I was in no way disappointed by this!"  I thought, 'ummmm okay!  Thanks????'  

The possibilities and combinations are endless, what flavors would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment