Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Gluten Free -Sugar Free AND Yummy Pancakes

It's been a while since I posted, but that doesn't mean I have been doing things naturally or homemade.  It has been between 1-2 yrs since I started eating low carb and no sugar.  I feel so much better and now when I have, oh maybe a donut or something like that, I feel nauseous within minutes.  I've lost 25 lbs and most importantly, kept it off.  I haven't shared what I've been eating regularly, so I'm going to try to post my favorites in hopes that you can see it is possible.  I've read many books on the subject and have called my diet "The God Diet". Eat foods the way God created them, minimally processed and as whole as possible.  I buy almost exclusively organic and have learned how to feed my family on a budget and remove the dreaded cereal addiction from my pantry.  We are not perfect, we cheat, we eat out, we are REAL :)

Here is my family's favorite breakfast, which I make in 5 minutes and bake for 20. (If you want to flip pancakes for 2 hours you may cook them in a griddle). It will last us 3-4 mornings and the kids beg me for it.  Enjoy, and feel free to downsize the recipe (or increase :) to fit your needs.  This recipe makes about 62 small pancakes.

Gluten free -Sugar free Pancakes

4 cups rolled oats 
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp Stevia/Truvia or sweetener of your choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

•pulverize it together in blender

•add 1 tsp vanilla, large container of egg whites, large container cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, blend well. 


•here's where you choose, oven baked or pan fried.  If you're using the stove top, make like normal pancakes.  If your baking in the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes per pan or until done in the middle.  This batch makes 3 pans 1/3 full.  I've found it is the perfect thickness. ( Any fuller and the pancakes are doughey in the middle.) be sure to spay your pans with nonstick spray, I use coconut.


•remove from oven and let cool.  Cut into bars.  


•serve with fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup, etc.

Store leftovers in plastic zipper bag in fridge for the next breakfast.  Hide from the kids or you'll be making them again tomorrow 😍


Here is a pan fried batch:

No comments:

Post a Comment