Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake

As promised, here is the beginning of a mug cake series!  I've been eating these for breakfast for over a year now and am hooked!  It doesn't hurt that they help you lose weight, are gluten, dairy and sugar free and full of great stuff to start your day.  I change up the recipe based on what sounds good to me and what ingredients I have on hand.  I've decided to post the base for a chocolate and then show you what to add to make different flavors for this post.

Basic chocolate mug cake:

1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp almond flour
1 Tbsp flax meal or coconut flour
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1 egg
1/2 Tbsp sweetener of your choice (I use Truvia)
Few drops of vanilla extract
Dash organic cinnamon and sea salt
1-2 tsp water or "milk" of your choice

Mix well in a microwave safe coffee mug or ramikin dish.  Microwave in high for 1-1.5 minutes until center is firm.  Enjoy plain or with your favorite toppings.

*I top them with powdered stevia, whipped cream, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit or even a Tbsp of cream cheese. I've also made a yogurt and cream cheese icing to store in the fridge for a weeks worth of mug cake breakfasts!  You can't mess this up, just jump in and get creative. 

Here are a few other versions I've made:

Chocolate banana: add 1/2 mashed banana and 1/2 tsp almond extract

Orange chocolate: add orange zest and  a few drops of pure orange extract

Chocolate covered strawberry: add almond extract and chopped strawberries

Caramel chocolate: add caramel extract and melt a tsp butter on top after cooked

Cherry chocolate: almond extract and chopped cherries

I think you get the picture!  Now go have fun and create :)








No comments:

Post a Comment