Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Family Sized "Mug" Cake

I'm slightly obsessed with microwaved mug cakes.  It brings out the Easy Bake Oven little girl in me.  It's also an excuse to have cake for breakfast!  Who doesn't love that?  And if you need another reason, which I don't, it's healthy too!!!!  Kind of like no guilt happiness in 1.5 minutes.  Well, with seven kids you can imagine one mug cake isn't going to cut it.  I've lined up our mugs and created a mini cake factory, but found that most mornings I prefer to just quadruple the recipe and make it once.  

Here is today's yummy version:


In a large glass deep dish pie plate mix

3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2 mashed bananas
4 eggs
3 Tbsp almond flour
3 Tbsp flax meal
1/4 cup Truvia (or sweetener of your choice)
1 Tbsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dash salt & vanilla extract

Mix well, sprinkle in blueberries and 1/2 cup chopped strawberries.  Microwave on high for 11-13 minutes, until the center is firm.  I served it sprinkled with powdered stevia and chopped pecans.


I just realized that I've been eating mug cakes and become quite a pro at them I might add, for over a year now.  I can't believe I haven't blogged them!  So get ready for a bunch of recipes to come.......




No comments:

Post a Comment