Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate covered Cherry Banana Bread (Dairy free)

Who doesn't love banana nut bread?  How about chocolate?  I added my favorite two foods together one day and now I wonder what took me so long to figure this out!!!  I just use my Grandma Seyer's recipe for banana bread, left out the nuts, added dried cherries and 2 Tbsp. of Cocoa and poof....chocolate covered cherry banana bread is the BOMB!  (This is what I like to make now when taking a meal to someone instead of brownies, because it is so much healthier.)

CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BANANA BREAD


1 stick of softened butter
 (or 1/2 cup shortening for dairy free version)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4-5 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 TBSP cocoa powder
handful of cherries, cranberries, or nuts (optional)


Mix butter (or shortening) and sugar until fluffy.  Add bananas one at a time, mixing well after each.  Add eggs  and vanilla, blend.  Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl, slowly add them to the banana batter.  Fold in your berries or nuts.  Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.  (Prepare honey butter while you wait.)
 Remove from oven to cool.  Cut and enjoy!

*HONEY BUTTER, I usually serve this with honey butter when I want to really WOW my guests.  Just soften some butter and mix in honey in a small dish.  Put back into fridge to firm up.  It tastes so good on banana bread, muffins, and cornbread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment