Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chicken 'Parmesan' with zucchini noodles


Well we are on day 2 of a sugar and wheat detox and I must say that I enjoy eating a Paleo type diet, I enjoy cooking from scratch, but I don't know how in the world I am going to be able to keep it up for 19 more days! Tonight's dinner was a ton of work, but very good so I thought I'd share (and remember I am new at this type of eating :)

First, I made homemade mozzarella (did that yesterday) this step is not necessary, but I wanted the challenge and I did it! It tastes amazing and will be something I do for special occasions, but probably not for everyday eating.

Tonight I put a jar of (sugar free) spaghetti sauce, one can organic stewed tomatoes, and one small can of tomato paste into a baking pan. I placed it on a burner on low and kept simmering it as I prepared the rest of the meal.

Next, I used a vegetable peeler and turned 4 zucchini into a huge pile of noodle like strips. I stirred them into the sauce and continued to simmer on low.

For the chicken, I took 3 breasts and cut them into tenderloins, pounded them gently, and fried them in extra virgin olive oil. I sprinkled garlic and onion powder on them and browned each side. Then, I set them on top of the zucchini noodles and sauce, topped it with slices of mozzarella and then browned it at a 375 oven for 30 minutes.

The result I thought was very good. My husband who is not a fan of zucchini even ate the 'noodles'. I will definitely make this again, but will probably add parmesan cheese as I fry the chicken, make more zucchini noodles and add sliced onions as well.

I loved the freshness of the mozzarella and even though I said I probably wouldn't make it from scratch again, I have a feeling I will!

That recipe will be next.....so stay tuned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment