Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Almond butter chocolate cups

I finally did it....I found a chocolate you can have while dieting and it doesn't stop your weight loss! I knew I could do it! I eat 2 of these a day and I have lost weight everyday! They have saved me (and my husband has grown to love them too) while on our 21 day sugar and wheat detox. We are on day 10 and knowing I have this yummy treat in the fridge ready to egg me on to keep up the good work helps me with cravings. I love chocolate and I really love these chocolate almond cups!

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup pure cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli 100% unsweetened natural cocoa)
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp half and half
1/3 cup pure Almond butter
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Whole Almonds (I put 5 in each cup)

Melt the coconut oil, butter and Almond butter together until combined and smooth. Mix in cocoa, honey, salt, vanilla and half and half. Put whole almonds into prepared cups. ( I used silicone muffin cups in a muffin tin and they pop out great). Pour chocolate into cups and refrigerate at least 1 hour. When set, pop out of molds and store in airtight container in the fridge. They do melt in your mouth and your hand, so don't plan on taking them to a 4th of July picnic this summer ;)






1 comment:

  1. OMG... these are to die for!!!! soooooooo gooooooood! thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete