Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Gluten free tacos - Mockos

I thought when I gave up wheat and sugar I would have to give up fun foods like tacos and burritos too, but nooooooo! I substitute the tortilla with a large lettuce leaf and don't even miss it! Last night I made our 'mock-tacos'(or mockos) for the second time this month and they were gobbled up quicker than you can hang a piƱata. I gave the smaller leaves to my 5 year old with a small bowl of ground beef and told her to use them like a spoon. She loved it! I even watched my non lettuce loving teenagers eating mocko after mocko. That makes me very happy :)

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1/4 tsp. each: garlic salt, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin
1/4 cup water

Toppings:
Large and firm romain leaf lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Chopped avocado
Salsa
Sour cream
Onions
Olives
Refried beans

Brown your ground beef, drain off fat. Add seasonings and water (never need to buy that unhealthy seasoning packet ever again). Assemble you mocko on a lettuce leaf, fill with your favorite toppings and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment