Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Sugar free, No bake, Double Chocolate Cookies

I was really craving cookies the other day so I decided to try making a no bake, no sugar, no flour version. I have never done it so I was a bit skeptical. The result was a cookie that tasted like a double chocolate chip cookie from Subway! I couldn't believe it! I even made my own chips, which honestly made took the cookie from good to fabulous!

Homemade sugar free chips:

1/3 cup coconut oil
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp milk or cream
1 tsp honey
Dash salt

Melt the oil, whisk in the rest of ingredients, spread in small dish lined with waxed paper and place in the fridge/freezer.

Cookie ingredients:

1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
2 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup milled flax seed
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries (optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Blend nuts, milk and oil until smooth. Fold in rest of ingredients one at a time.

Take chocolate out of the freezer, slice into small pieces with pizza cutter and stir into batter.

Spoon small balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and put into fridge to harden. Store in airtight container.

You can substitute the flax for oats or flours, add coconut or peanut butter, the combinations are limitless!















No comments:

Post a Comment