Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Balsamic Barbecue Chicken -sugar free

One of the things I notice about doing the sugar/gluten detox over the 21 days is you miss yummy sauces like barbecue on your chicken. I started looking for an alternative and came up with a very tasty and healthy version. My crock pot is broken at the moment so I slow cooked this in the oven in a covered roasting pan. I used fresh pineapple in the sauce and had everyone licking their lips asking for more. We will be making this again soon I'm sure!

Ingredients:

1 cup stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 fresh pineapple

Chicken breasts
Provolone cheese

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Cook in a sauce pan for 10 minutes. Pour over chicken breasts and bake at 300 degrees for 4 hrs or in a crock pot. Baste with the sauce over the chicken several times while baking. Top with Provolone cheese and broil for 5 minutes and just before serving.











No comments:

Post a Comment