Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Italian sausage and stir fried sweet peppers

We did the 21 day sugar and wheat detox and are technically on day 25. We have found out that we love eating this way and feel so much better. My husband and I both had achey joints and terrible acid reflux, both of which are now completely gone. I haven't eaten a TUMS in 3 weeks!!!! One challenge we've found with excluding wheat is balancing your meal with vegetables. Tonight's dinner was a winner and we will make it again soon, I'm sure.

1 package Italian sausage links
1 sliced onion
1 small bag fresh tri-color sweet peppers
1 large green pepper
1 tsp. fresh garlic

Cook the sausages in the pan. (I add a little water to steam them and find that it also helps in caramelizing the veggies before it evaporated out) Slice the vegetables into strips and add to the pan. Stir fry the vegetables. Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment